May 8, 2006

to be led...

this is our theme song of late... (lydia came across this a couple months ago and put the first verse up on our fridge as a constant reminder for us...)

Lead, kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom, Lead Thou me on! The night is dark, and I am far from home-- Lead Thou me on! Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see The distant scene--one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou Shouldst lead me on. I loved to choose and see my path; but now, Lead Thou me on! I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears, Pride ruled my will: remember not past years.

So long Thy power hath blessed me, sure it still Will lead me on, O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till The night is gone; And with the morn those angel faces smile Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.


(by the way, i would've rather used this picture, but didn't have the guts to steal it from Bryan. very nice shot.)

3 comments:

Lian said...

It is a really beautiful song. It's so honest...Thank you for posting it!

elnellis said...

i knew you'd break some time! welcome to the weird responsibility of having your own blog.
peace.

Aaron said...

ha... yes... we figured that with the new adventure we're on, we might as well let everyone else in on our twisted thoughts, rants, and insecurities...