May 23, 2006

I've seen the Light


After a few days of questioning, and testing... and even maybe asking God to change his mind a little, regarding us making the move... I am once again encouraged. The past few days we have been worried about our house selling, worried about childcare for noah, and sad because after hearing news of our close friends being pregnant, we realize that life will still go on here when we leave.
But God lead me to a quiet place this morning, and i saw the beautiful story he is creating in us. I was reminded that the only life to live is one following Him. That Jesus said, lay down your nets and follow me. That i am thrilled he choose us to have a role in this great adventure. I read in Romans about Paul, and was reminded that this may just be the beginning... and God may ask us to do bigger, harder things than this one day, and i so badly want to be faithful and obedient with the little things first.
I am so thankful of God's faithfulness, that after days of doubt, he shows me His Light.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

thanks gordie... you're a great guy. and you're allowed to miss me as a youth pastor, but not a friend, because we can still stay in touch man!!
a