Oct 7, 2006

johnny cash

i was just listening to some johnny cash while playing legos with noah and i got thinking about the video for his cover of Nine Inch Nails' song "Hurt". What an amazingly raw reflection on his life as he neared the end of it...




(it made me think of the discussion happening here on Phil's blog about art. Lian made a comment that "All the art that has most moved me to change - that has effectively shown me a mirror of myself - has been the art that exposes the artist rather than justify, exonerate, veil him." I think this is a perfect example of an artist doing just that.

2 comments:

elnellis said...

well said fatty. this video gives me goosebumps every time.

Anonymous said...

aaron... Jeremy Compton here... who knows if you even remember who i am... but im from sarnia... i went to bethel... and temple from time to time...
great to see someone else moved out to the left coast...
myself im on the island...

that johnny cash video is amazing... i think it rang more true for him than it did for trent reznor....
you working at a church or something..... maybe i'll stop by dome time.... c ya man

Jeremy Compton
jcompton@cogeco.ca