Jul 21, 2006

Answered Prayer

God has been so sweet and gentle with us. Every step we have put our worry before our faith, but He has been so good to bring us back and show us whats really going on!
Just for sake of praise I wanted to share some answered prayer... from the beginning of the journey continuing on to just yesterday...
1.) Clearly guided us to Vancouver, and to Regent College
2.) Provided me a job (4 months in advance)
3.) Provided us a place in family residence (when we were 6 months late applying)
4.) Provided an amazing family for both our kitty (August) and dog (Nala)
5.) Sold our house... and provided pretty much the exact amount of money from profit, for Aarons tuition for the next 2 years.
6.) Given us amazing affirmation from our family, friends and church.
and just yesterday
7.) Provided childcare for Noah (what a big relief)
8.) Worked out the details for my nursing lisence... which was looking grim for a few days!
-there are so many more... those are some of the biggies that came to mind.

Here is a little exert from a journal entry in early April, please don't critique my writing (ha ha)... just wanted to share part of the journey:

Darkness, confusion, lost
unable to get my barings
unable to see the small compass needle
that will lead me.
"Just go North", loses it's significance
when North is unseen.

But you take my hand,
entwine your fingers within mine,
and lead me gently.
Darkness remains, yet peace falls.
"I trust You", I say, not even knowing Your name
Am i trusting or lying?
unsure i just continue,
for the new peace feels warm and homelike.

... and your hands, so strong, so tender.
I want to look up and find your face in the darkness,
and ask... "what's next papa?"

2 comments:

elnellis said...

aaron, lyd and noah- it's been amazing to see the pointers, the doors open, the pieces falling into place. i'm glad God is alluring you out to the westcoast! can't wait to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia,

I'm not sure if you'd remember me or not, i went to school with you at Errol Rd. I always wondered what happened to you! I'm glad to see so many wanderful things going on in your life, you have a beautiful family.Congrats!
~Sara Levitt (it's Boisvert now)
koss182@hotmail.com